This post may contain affiliate links.Please read our disclosure policy.
Strawberry Tiramisu is the perfect no-bake summer dessert made with fresh strawberries, ladyfingers, and mascarpone! This summer version is made without coffee, alcohol, and raw eggs.
Strawberry Tiramisu is my favorite summer dessert! It’s sweet, pretty, and SO delicious. Layers of vanilla-flavored mascarpone, strawberry jam infused ladyfingers, and lots of fresh juicy strawberries. Everyone always loves this easy dessert when I bring it to a party.
This summer version of the popular Italian desserts is made without alcohol, raw eggs, and coffee so everyone can enjoy it! Don’t get me wrong I love authentic Italian Tiramisu, it’s what I always get when we go to an Italian restaurant or to Italy, but if I bring a dessert to a family party I want that everyone can enjoy it.
This easy no-bake dessert would be great for your next summer party! You can serve it in a baking dish or in individual glasses which would be perfect for a wedding and you can make it in advance. I always assemble it a day in advance so the ladyfingers can absorb the strawberry mixture completely and get softer. It tasted perfect after resting a day in the fridge!
Some tips and tricks for making this Strawberry Tiramisu
- Use hard ladyfingers, not soft ones. The soft ones will get mushy after a day in the fridge. Look for Italian ladyfingers, they are often called Savoiardi. They are quite crisp but will soften as the tiramisu sits and often have a sugary top. It’s also important not to soak them but only dip them into the strawberry jam mixture.
- The tiramisu will taste best if you use ripe, juicy strawberries and high-quality strawberry jam that tastes like strawberries and is made with real good quality strawberries.
- Mascarpone cheese is an Italian cream cheese that tastes like cream and has a smooth consistency. I don’t recommend using cream cheese instead because this would change the typical tiramisu flavor. You can get Mascarpone in the deli area of large grocery stores, at Whole Foods, and in Italian Food stores.
- Don’t skip the Balsamic Vinegar. It enhances the strawberry flavor but you won’t taste the vinegar itself. You can use a little bit of lemon juice if you don’t have balsamic vinegar on hand.
- You could use Prosecco instead of water for the strawberry jam mixture to give it a little flavor kick.
Looking for more Strawberry Recipes?
- Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Homemade Strawberry Cake Recipe
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Naked Strawberry Layer Cake
Tools used in the making of this Strawberry Tiramisu:
Ladyfingers: These are perfect for making traditional tiramisu and this summer version. The are a sweet, fairly dry, finger-shaped sponge cakes.
Strawberry Jam: This is my favorite jam! It tastes great on a slice of bread but is also perfect for this recipe.
Strawberry Slicer: This fun kitchen gadget makes slicing strawberries super easy and fast!
Angled Icing Spatula: I love this spatula! Everyone should have this in their kitchen. It makes icing cakes and spreading creams super easy.
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup water, (or prosecco)
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar, (or lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, (1 pint)
- 24 ladyfingers, (see tip above)
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer or stand mixer on medium-high speed for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until smooth and thickened.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberry preserves, water, and balsamic vinegar. Stir with a fork until combined. Dip the ladyfingers in the mixture to coat them. Line the ladyfingers in a single layer, in the bottom of a 8”x 8” or similarly sized baking dish.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers and layer with half of the sliced strawberries.
- Repeat with the remaining ladyfingers, mascarpone mixture, and sliced strawberries.
- Cover with cling wrap and chill at least 8 hours or overnight.