Easy Pumpkin Bread tastes so flavorful and is super easy to make from scratch! This simple Pumpkin Spice Bread is so moist and tastes even better than the one you can get at Starbucks. A family favorite that kids and grown-ups will love!
Better than Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This moist Pumpkin Bread is my go-to recipe every Fall season! It is so easy to make, saves you a trip to Starbucks, and uses one whole can of pumpkin puree which I love because I hate having half a can sitting in the fridge. What I also love about it is that this recipe makes two loaves, one for eating and one for giving away or freezing.
This easy pumpkin bread makes a great, quick breakfast but also tastes delicious in the afternoon or after dinner with a cup of coffee. You could even freeze the sliced bread so you can enjoy a fresh slice every day of the week!
This recipe is also perfect for adding your own twist! If you crave Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread you can just add 1 cup of dark chocolate chips to the batter or make a Pumpkin Pecan Bread by adding chopped pecans to the batter. Doesn’t that sound delicious?!
Tips and Tricks for making The BEST Pumpkin Bread
- Instead of using individual spices you can use 1.5 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice.
- You can also half this recipe but the loaves make a perfect gift for friends and neighbors and freeze perfectly.
- This pumpkin bread recipe is made with canned pumpkin. You need one 15 oz. can Pumpkin Puree (not Pumpkin Pie Filling). If you want to use homemade pumpkin puree use a little bit less than 2 cups.
- Every oven is different so make sure to test the bread for doneness after about 50 minutes in the oven.
- If you like you can sprinkle roasted pumpkin seeds on top of each bread before putting them in the oven.
- You can also top this Pumpkin Bread with a Cream Cheese Frosting like my Copycat Starbucks Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake.
How to make a moist Pumpkin Bread
This recipe makes two really moist loaves of Pumpkin Spice Bread because it is made with vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, and 6 eggs. Using oil instead of butter adds moisture and makes making the bread easier because you don’t have to wait for the butter to soften or melt. The pumpkin puree adds flavor but also keeps the bread moist and delicious for days.
How to store Pumpkin Bread
This moist Pumpkin Bread stays fresh and moist for days if you store it the right way. The first step is to make sure that it has cooled completely. Then line the bottom of a plastic container with a lid or a resealable plastic bag with a sheet of paper towel, then put the quick bread into the container or bag and cover the top of the quick bread with another sheet of paper towel. Store the bread at room temperature for up to 2 days or store in the fridge for about a week.
How to freeze Homemade Pumpkin Bread
If you want to store it longer you can freeze this pumpkin bread. Put the cooled and sliced bread in a resealable plastic bag and freeze for up to three months. To defrost, let come to room temperature and reheat in the oven or microwave.
Looking for more Pumpkin Recipes? Check out these!
Tools and Ingredients used for making this Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Loaf Pan: I really like this loaf pan because it has a non-stick coating that really works and it is easy to clean.
Cooling Rack: My favorite cooling rack! Super sturdy and doesn’t rust.
Cinnamon: I always buy my Ground Cinnamon at Costco!
Want to try this easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe?
PIN IT TO YOUR BAKING BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Pumpkin Bread
Easy Pumpkin Bread tastes so flavorful and is super easy to make from scratch! This simple spiced Pumpkin quick bread is so moist and tastes even better than the one you can get at Starbucks. A family favorite that kids and grown-ups will love!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 oz. canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Grease two 8-1/2x4-1/2-inch loaf pans and line them with a strip of parchment paper leaving an overhang on both long sides.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a large bowl and a hand mixer, combine eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on medium-high speed until combined, about 45 seconds. Add in pumpkin and vegetable oil and mix until combined, about 20 seconds. Add flour mixture to the bowl and mix until batter is just blended and smooth.
- Divide batter between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until the top is nicely browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan, about 30 minutes. Then invert onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!