This easy Potato Bacon Soup is ready in less than 30 minutes and loaded with crispy bacon, sweet corn, and filling potatoes. A thick and creamy fall soup that makes a perfect comfort food for cold days!
This creamy potato and corn chowder is filling, super tasty, and easy to make. Your family will come back for seconds … or even thirds! A chunky, satisfying and utterly comforting winter-time soup that is made with simple ingredients that you have in your pantry.
And let me tell you the best thing about this soup besides that it tastes super delicious: This potato bacon soup takes less than 30 minutes to make. Perfect for those busy winter days where you forgot to make dinner and everyone is hungry! (Or does that only happen to me?)
Soups are my dinner of choice on cold fall or winter days! Nothing is more comforting than a big bowl of soup or chili when you come home. Add a few slices of rustic bread or my Cheesy Pumpkin Dinner Rolls and you have a perfect midweek meal that everyone loves. This hearty chowder makes a great lunch or dinner and my hubby loves to take leftovers to work.
And who doesn’t love crispy bacon on top?! The secret why this soup tastes so good is the bacon. This soup doesn’t need many ingredients or spices to taste incredible!
Fry the bacon in the same pot which you’ll use for the soup. The bacon fat adds a great flavor! Just saute the chopped potatoes and frozen sweet corn kernels a few seconds in the remaining fat so they can absorb the delicious bacon flavor.
By cutting the potatoes into small pieces, you save time and your soup is ready in less than 30 minutes. I love the combination of hearty potatoes and sweet corn! But if you’re more in the mood for a corn chowder try my Curried Cream of Corn Soup which is a great soup to warm you up with curry flavors and creamy corn.
This easy Potato Soup with Bacon is a family favorite
You can use frozen or canned corn for this recipe. Just use what you have at home! And sometimes I peel the potatoes and sometimes I don’t, it tastes delicious either way. My family loves this bacon potato soup and I love it too because it’s so easy and quick to make.
More in the mood for a festive soup? Have a look at my Chestnut Soup Recipe which makes a great appetizer for your Christmas dinner with the family.
Looking for more fall comfort food recipes?
- Instant Pot Carrot Soup Recipe
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- Easy Instant Pot Irish Stew
- Easy Crockpot Italian Meatballs
Tools used for making this Potato Bacon Soup Recipe
Immersion Blender: I love my hand blender! It’s great for making soups. You can blend right in the pot and it’s easy to clean and doesn’t need much space in my kitchen.
Stockpot: You need a large enough stock pot for this recipe. I like to use a pot like this one because you don’t make a mess when you puree the soup with the immersion blender in the pot.
[social_warfare buttons=”Facebook, Pinterest”]
Easy Potato Bacon Soup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped bacon
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces frozen corn
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat up the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Fry the chopped bacon until crispy. Then remove it with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add in the potatoes and frozen corn. Fry in the remaining bacon fat for 1 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes with the lid on until the potatoes are cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low, then stir in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Use a hand-held blender and puree the soup but only until about half the ingredients are pureed. The soup should be a bit chunky.
- Serve with parsley and the bacon crumbled on top.
Originally published in January 2016, updated with new images, a video, and an improved recipe in September 2017.